Multisport Events - USA Triathlon Info
Therese Bynum and Faye Yates are USAT Certified Race Directors and maintain their status by getting the required CEU’s annually.
This means they have completed a 16-hour educational training class. This course includes information on the latest in race directing methods, insurance/risk management trends, and USAT sanctioning compliance. This course is not mandatory, but they are mindful of keeping in touch with the latest industry trends that will in turn allow better events to be produced. Athletes should expect more from these race directors and Team Magic.
What this means for you:
Running Events - RRCA Info
Team Magic is a member of the Road Runners Club of America and all running events are covered by RRCA insurance and are USA Track and Field (USATF) certified.
The RRCA is dedicated to supporting the growth of grassroots running clubs, training programs, and running events while promoting the common interests of runners throughout the United States. Being a part of the RRCA is important to Team Magic, especially since we have so many commons goals and values. You can find out more about the RRCA: here.
CX (CycloCross) - USAC
When a race director sanctions a race with USA Cycling, it is required for each participant to purchase either a one-day license, or annual membership in order to participate in the event. The fees from the purchase of the one-day, or annual, go to cover excess medical insurance coverage for you at the event. An annual membership also includes this excess medical coverage, as well as higher categories license fees going to support the Race Clean program.
Each USA Cycling event requires a USA Cycling official to help ensure rules are properly enforced at the event. These rules are intended to provide a level playing field for all athletes participating. Please be sure to look over the rules at USA Cycling.
A confirmation notice is generated at the point of online registration, or when mail-in entries are entered into the event database, and emailed to all entrants that provide a valid e-mail address. Entrants without e-mail access need to request a written confirmation. You can also confirm your race entry online by visiting the "race participant" link on the event web page or on the online registration system.
Race packets will not be mailed in advance of race site registration and packet pick up. An e-mail with final race reminders will be e-mailed the week of each event to all racers with a valid e-mail address. Please be sure your email provider accepts emails from team-magic.com.
This policy has been created in fairness to all the athletes so that equal opportunity exists for registering for all Team Magic events. There are no race transfers on race day, even if a registered athlete is a "no show" and a race slot is available. This policy has been implemented in fairness to all other athletes who registered for the event to ensure that events start on time and can be managed safely, efficiently and in the most organized fashion possible.
Race entries are non-transferable between events, years and individuals in most cases. Exceptions to this are described below.
- A credit for 50% of your race registration fee will be offered until 21 days prior to the race date.
- Transferring your race to another race of the same distance will be offered for a fee of $25 or $35, depending on the race distance until 21 days prior to the race date.
- Credits can be used to register for another Team Magic event and will be valid for 12 months after the event date.
- In order to receive the credit, login to IMAthlete select "My Events" and click "Manage Registration" on the event you'd like to cancel.
Volunteer for Credit Option
If it is too close to the race to receive the credit as defined above, by volunteering for a Team Magic event, a credit can be awarded for the $ amount paid for race registration. We do not include credit for imAthlete service fees or USAT membership fees.
Procedure for receiving volunteer credit:
- Before online registration is closed, cancel your registration through imAthlete per above directions and send a copy of cancellation to firstname.lastname@example.org Once online registration is closed only a 50% credit will be offered.
- Volunteer 1 full day for any Team Magic owned event to get 100% credit for your race entry fee. Sign up online to volunteer.
- Bring a copy of your cancellation email and response from Team Magic to the volunteer coordinator.
- Work your required shifts and check out with the volunteer coordinator.
- A code for race entry credit amount earned will be awarded via email.
Event Cancelation or Modification Policy
If Natural Disaster or Community Disaster occurs, our action steps are as follows:
- Team Magic, Inc. in concert with local officials will make decisions based on safety first.
- Courses and/or race segments will be altered as agreed to between Team Magic, Inc. and local officials
- Financial: It is not financially feasible for Team Magic, Inc. to accept the risk of a disaster for everyone. Each registered participant needs to accept the risk of his or her entry fee. There will be NO REFUNDS or free entries to future races. The money you paid is spent developing the subject event.
- Team Magic, Inc. does not save any money if one of our events has to be canceled or for reasons beyond our control. All supplies and services needed for the events are purchased and/or arranged in advance. All event supplies and services associated with that event must be paid for, regardless of the outcome.
Team Magic will not share or sell any personal information provided to Team Magic by participants registering for Team Magic events.
Your personal information's only use is to record necessary information regarding your participation and send you information pertaining to Team Magic events.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us.