Music City Triathlon
|Date||Sunday, July 23 2017|
Join us for 39 Years of Triathlon Tradition | Now in Downtown Nashville
For the 9th year, this 39 year old triathlon will be held in downtown Nashville. Team Magic has managed the Music City Triathlon since 2006.
Swim in the Cumberland River, with a point-to-point swim for the sprint race, Bike on a completely closed, traffic-free Ellington Parkway, and Run on a new flat out and back course. Not ready for the whole thing? Relay Teams are always an option as is our Aquabike Category for those who want to just do the swim and the bike, or Cyclorun Category for those that just want to bike and run.
We are honored to once again be part of the USA Triathlon Talent ID Race Series. The Southeast Junior Race Series consists of six sprint distance triathlons held between the months of April and August. All races are located in the Southeast Region of USA Triathlon, which includes Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee, South Carolina and the panhandle of Florida. The series consists of the highest quality events located throughout the region that are appropriate race distance for junior age athletes. You will find the best competition among junior athletes in the Southeast at these events.
Each event offers junior aged competitors the opportunity to earn points towards Overall Series awards given after the final race of the Series. Junior athletes also receive a unique Talent ID Race souvenir at each event. Don't miss out on this exciting series!
The Southeast Junior Talent ID Race Series is open to all junior age athletes age 13-15 and 16-19.
Team Magic is proud to have the Cumberland River Compact as a dedicated charity partner for the Music City Triathlon.
The Compact is a 19 year old not for profit organization dedicated to the heath and enjoyment of the Cumberland River and its tributaries through education, collaborations and on-the-ground restoration. 3 million people and 480 unique species depend on clean and abundant water from Cumberland River basin. Compact staff and thousands of volunteers work hard each and every day to keep these beautiful waters clean. Donate: HERE. www.cumberlandrivercompact.org
Team Magic is also proud to be working with Boy Scout Troop 157 and the United States Navy as charity partners for this race. All of our partners will be at the race site cheering you on and providing support. Be sure to thank them on the course for helping make your race great!
See an image of the East Bank Landing here, which serves as our host venue for the weekend.
- The concrete "beach" allows swimmers to exit the river. While this is not a sandy beach, we will insure a proper surface will be in place for the swimmers to exit safely and comfortably
- The exit area allows us to start the sprint race on the east side boat dock and swim down river, with the current to exit at the new beach area.
- The intermediate distance race will also finish at the "beach area" and start at the east side boat dock. The exit allows swimmers to enjoy more down river than up river than ever before. About 600 meters will be along the bank, against the current, with 850 meters with the down river current to the exit
- The bike course will exit and return to lower lot R as it did in the 2009-2013 years, but will route behind the Titan's Stadium along the river to access the main route on Ellington Parkway, then return the same way, with sprint racers heading into transition and in spectator friendly fashion, intermediate racers make a "ride by" the transition area before heading out on a second loop.
- The run will be a flat, out-and-back course for both the sprint and the intermediate race. Runners will exit transition under the famous Shelby Pedestrian Bridge, through Cumberland Park along the East Bank Greenway adjacent to the river, then cut over to S 1st Street for a jump over to Davidson Street, which leads runners in the short course to just shy of Shelby Park, and long course runners keep going into the park for a brief jaunt on the Shelby Bottoms Greenway, then back to ground zero for a finish between the main staging area (East Bank Landing) and the race transition area.
Click HERE for printable course maps and links to online maps.
"Like" our Facebook page for the event for updates.
Use #musiccitytri on any social media!